Personal alarms like “home medical” and “medical alarm monitoring” systems offer convenient and hassle-free experience to the users. Range of door and bed alarms help with the enhanced care of patients. The door alarms monitor motion through the doorways. Motion detection by a sensor immediately allows the generation of a notification. Thus, a bed alarm is a superb interface to enhance patient care.
These personal alarms offer the flexibility to the caregiver for monitoring the activity of a patient while being in bed. It acts as a connection to a bed sensor and the bed pad. These setups essentially help the alarm unit to function well in the times of crisis. Besides, they scare off intruders and provide comfort to the elderly in need of medical attention. These products range from some basic versions of alarms to intercom systems.
These systems help with the idea of calling the attention of caregivers in times of deviation from “normal” status. This is the key tool for the improvement of the safety of patients. These systems help people to feel safe by providing help in the form of contacting outsiders during an emergency.
- Personal alarms for patients and the elderly (help older and specially-abled people to feel safer. These systems offer the peace of mind.)
- Alarms sending out a signal for assistance (linked via a standalone unit with monitoring service for 24 hours and finds a wider purpose in your home).
- Tele devices(technology to remotely monitor the activity of the patient and inform the carer)
- Fall detectors and alarms.
These personal alarms generate a loud noise on activation for alerting people in case of problems. Call buttons send out a signal for a professional career. These systems are clipped to clothing or some other surfaces.
The simple push-button is often used in the form of a pendant, or attached to the surface of a mobile phone for easy access. A call for assistance locates the victim via a GPS.
When humans start aging, there are higher chances of falls. A fall alarm system allows the caretaker to arrive at the location of the victim quickly. There is an in-built sensor for the detection of any unexpected fall. Lightweight models work amazingly as a fall alarm within a single device.
Who can Get the Benefits from the Personal Alarm?
These personal alarms grant the true peace of mind that is living alone, suffering from a serious and chronic health condition, recovering from surgery, or suffering from disabilities. Thus, these systems also offer peace of mind to family and loved ones as emergency assistance.
- Personal alarms quick and straightforward in handling for the elderly.
- Two-way communication
- Specifically trained response team for the understanding of the emergencies.
- GPS locator for tracking the location of the person in need.
- The relatively lightweight system offers the convenience of being used as a medical alarm.
- Activation through a simple one-button worn around the wrist or neck.
- A waterproof surface offers the convenience of using during bath or shower.
- Get guaranteed help during day or night.
- Fast response, at crucial times.
- It gives easy access to trained professionals.
- Response center associated with the two-way communication helps with the assessment of the seriousness of the patient’s medical condition.
- It helps to keep in touch with the caretaker to feel safe.
Technology contributes a lot towards patient-centered care. Similarly, personal alarms foster communication between patients and caretakers via online portals. Besides, the systems also offer the flexibility of text messaging and email. Getting access to the online medical records for the improvement of self-monitoring and care of the patient makes these products amazing!