Cheer up! There is absolutely no need to part with your favourite beach wear. I know it is the darkness around that part which is making you feel embarrassed. Shun that aside. I have found a beautiful solution to this. But before we turn towards the right remedy, it is important to know what is causing you this problem. Only then, the right remedy can be figured out.
What causes dark skin on inner thighs?
Here are the causes:
Hormones on an overdrive
One of the chief causes of dark skin on inner thighs is your hormones. You don’t need a doctor to tell you this. If the skin turns dark during certain stages when your hormones are fluctuating like during the monthly menstrual cycle, lactation or pregnancy, then hormones are responsible. PCOS too can cause hormonal imbalance and leave dark patches on your thighs.
Direct sunlight may leave your inner thighs dark due to the sunburns around that area.
Medication and Drugs
Some oral contraceptive pills cause dark inner thighs. If consuming them has turned the area dark, immediately consult your doctor.
Too much of skin rubbing against skin and sweating can result in dark skin on inner thighs. Tight-fitting clothes can worsen the condition. Wear loose skin friendly fabrics to help you deal with such a problem. Throw those dark coloured denims out of your closet.
People who are overweight face this problem due to their inner thighs rubbing against each other when they walk or exercise. This rubbing can often lead to discoloration, itchiness known as chaffing. Wear loose pants, natural fibres like cotton and say no to synthetic fibres like nylon.
Excessive shaving or using an old razor can irritate skin eventually making inner thighs dark.
Diabetes and insulin resistance
You may be surprised to know that diabetes has a deep connection with inner thigh darkness. According to a research, people suffering from diabetes experience darkness around armpits, neck, inner thighs and other body parts.
Other causes of dark skin on inner thighs include aging, poor ventilation, perfumes and some skincare products.
How to lighten dark inner thighs
The best possible solution to dark inner thigh woes is home remedies. Here are some of them:
Curd + Lemon
- To a teaspoon of curd, add juice of half a lemon
- Add a pinch of gram flour and turmeric
- Apply this paste on the dark inner thighs
- Rub in circular motion
- Wash. Pat dry.
Lemon whitens the skin and curd moisturizes it.
Coconut oil + Lemon Juice
- Extract juice of half lemon
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Mix well
- Massage the dark inner thighs with this for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Apply coconut oil for moisturization
Lemon juice works like a bleaching agent and coconut oil moisturizes the skin.
Oats + Curd + Honey
- Mix oats and curd to a few drops of honey, one tablespoon each.
- Apply on the thighs
- Clear it after some time.
Oats exfoliate the skin while curd whitens and honey hydrates it..
Honey + Orange Peels
- Squeeze juice of half orange peel and add it to a teaspoon of honey
- Grate the peel and add it to the above mixture
- Apply this paste
- Rinse off after 15 minutes
Vitamin C present in oranges brightens up the skin while lightening it up. Honey makes the skin smoother.
Honey + Sugar + Lemon
- Add juice of half lemon to 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey
- Rub this in circular motions on the area turned dark till sugar vanishes away
- Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
Honey moisturizes the skin. Sugar exfoliates it and lemon acts as a bleaching agent.
Tomato + Potato juice + Honey
- Take half peeled potato and grate it. Add tomato juice and a few drops of honey
- Rub inner thighs with this
- Wash it off after 5-10 minutes
Both tomato and potato work in tandem to whiten the dark inner thighs whereas honey provides moisturization.
Lemon juice + Sandalwood + Cucumber
- Take a peeled and grated cucumber and add a tablespoon of sandalwood powder to it. Apply this over the darkened area.
- Let it dry
- Rinse off.
Sandalwood and cucmber are cooling agents and lemon juice is a skin whitener.
Almond oil + Milk + honey
- Take 1 tablespoon of milk, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of almond oil
- Put it on the inner thigh area and let it remain there for 15 minutes
- Let it dry and rinse off with water
Milk and honey provide the necessary nourishment to the dark inner thighs while almond oil lightens up the skin.
Just try them. You will no longer need to stay away from the beach.